MAYOR MARY LENETTE R. FERNANDEZ CUP 2019
OPEN INVITATIONAL BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
INTER-BARANGAY BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
The official opening of the Mayor’s Cup 2019 of the Municipality of Lezo will be on April 22-May 15, 2019 at 3:00 in the afternoon at Saturnino G. Fernandez Memorial Sports and Cultural Center, Poblacion, Lezo, Aklan.
Submission for the list of team players (with attached proof of residency) shall be on or before April 16, 2019 at MDRRMO Office, Lezo, Aklan.
I. INTER-TOWN CATEGORY
A. ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
A player can play if he is a native of any municipality in the province of Aklan by reason of:
2. Either of his parents is from any municipality in the province of Aklan
3. Registered voter of the municipality in Aklan
4. Is legally married to a resident of a municipality in Aklan
5. No age limit is required for the basketball to play in the game
6. He must not be a present member of any of country’s professional league.
7. The choice of a player can only be exercised ONCE. The chosen team shall be considered as his mother team.
II. INTER-BARANGAY CATEGORY
A. ELIGIBILITY OF PLAYERS
A player can play if he is a native of any barangay in the municipality of Lezo by reason of:
2. Either of his parents is from Lezo
3. Registered voter of Lezo
4. Is legally married to a resident of Lezo
5. Has played in the previous Lezo Inter-Barangay League
6. No age limit is required for the basketball to play in the game
III. Documentary Requirements (Photocopy of any of the following:
1. List of Players with Jersey Numbers
2. Birth certificate of either parent duly authenticated by the NSO
3. Birth certificate issued by the NSO 2a
4. Certificate of marriage issued by the NSO
5. Players under 18 years of age are required to submit a parent’s consent
6. Voters Registration or Comelec ID
IV. TEAM COMPOSITION
1. Inter-Barangay team shall be composed of a maximum of 16 players all be allowed to play on the scheduled game. Open Invitational participating teams has no limit on the list of its players and all will be allowed to play in any game.
V. ADDITIONAL TEAM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DIVISIONS
1. Only those players who have played during elimination shall be allowed to play in the Quarter Finals.
1. No Team/Player shall be allowed to play without wearing the proper uniform (identical).
VII. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
1. Both coaches of the playing team should know the rules and regulations of the game and must see to it that they are in total control of their players and their benches.
2. Only the coaches of the playing team are allowed to stand and make necessary verification/complaints during the progress of the game.
3. A player shall be disqualified / send out of the game if:
He commits two (2) technical fouls in a game;
He commits two (2) unsportsmanlike fouls in a game;
He commits both or combination of the two type of fouls mentioned.
The technical committee has the power to disqualify any player that may cause detrimental values to the league.
4. A player/coach disqualified or send out of the game shall be automatically suspended on his next game. Repeating this offense shall be automatically disqualified from further participation in the league. In case it’s the last game, the suspension will be imposed on the next league.
5. The following are prohibited from the court’s premises:
Guns or Deadly Weapon/s
6. Team members found heavily intoxicated or high on drugs will be automatically banned from the league.
7. A team who “walked-out” on the game shall lose the game by forfeiture.
8. In case of fights, every player involved will be automatically banned from the league. A fight means: someone who has thrown a punch or kick an opponent or other physical contact that is not related to basketball. The officials and the technical committees still have the final decision.
9. All postponed games will be re-scheduled at the end of the round.
10. In the absence of the coach, the team captain will act as the playing coach.
11. Player/s caught giving an obscene sign such as dirty finger or heard saying bad words to any official/s, technical committee/s, or to an opponent, that player/s will be given a:
Technical foul on the first offense;
Thrown out of the game on the second offense and will be suspended on his next team game.
12. ONLY THE PLAYERS/COACH/ASSISTANT COACH AND THE BARANGAY CAPTAIN are allowed to be on the bench of the playing team.
VIII. TEAM DISCIPLINE AND CONDUCT OF PLAYERS
A team must be present at the playing court fifteen (15) minutes before the scheduled match. In case a team will not show up after a grace period of fifteen (15) minutes given will lose by forfeiture
Any team who commits two (2) consecutive game defaults will be withdrawn from the tournament without prior notice.
Any player, coach or manager who commits any of the enumerated acts of violence or un-sportsman-like conduct shall be penalized with a technical foul and or a suspension in the game depending upon the gravity of the violation/situation.
Players who are under the influence of liquor or any prohibited substance are not allowed to play.
IX. GAME STOP PROCEDURE
1. If a game is stopped due to unavoidable circumstances like power failure, bad weather condition and render the court is not unplayable.
If the match is in progress is stopped in the 1st or 2nd period, the game shall be reset to a new game with another playing date. The score will be back to zero and the time will be reset. NOTE: PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT AROUND/PRESENT DURING THE MATCH WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY DURING THE RESCHEDULED GAME.
In the game was stopped in the 3rd, 4th or overtime period, the game will be resumed to another playing date adopting the score and the remaining time of the game when it was stopped. NOTE: PLAYERS WHO ARE NOT AROUND/PRESENT DURING THE MATCH WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY DURING THE RESCHEDULED GAME.
X. BREAKING OF TIES
1. In case of 2-way tie on team standings, win over-the-other will be applied.
2. In case of 3-way tie on team standings, quotient system will be applied. Two teams with highest quotient will advance to the next round.
XI. PROTEST PROCEDURE
All protest concerning the eligibility of the players shall be done in written form and be submitted to the technical committee within forty-eight (48) hours (office hours) before the start of the tournament. NO-PROTEST AFTER ELIMINATION ROUND.
XII. SUPPLEMENTAL RULES
The committee officials’ and referees’ decision are final.
The current FIBA Rules and Regulations shall govern this tournament.
Any player who is found out using other’s identity shall be suspended and automatically be blacklisted in any basketball competition as sanctioned by the LGU Lezo, and all the game/s he played by the team he represents shall be declared lost and the team shall be automatically out from the league.
XIV. TOURNAMENT FORMAT
1. Open Invitational and Inter-Barangay:
Participating Teams shall be divided in two groups A & B each group shall play a single elimination round.
“Any rule, which is not covered by this undertaking, shall be announced by the organizer as soon as the need arises.”